We Are All 60% Water.We assume the other 40% is rods, flies, and waders.

About the Charleston Angler

In our book, if you love Charleston and love being on the water, you're already a Charleston Angler. The rest is just details. Don't misunderstand us. We scour the world for the best rods, reels, tackle, lures, and apparel we can get our hands on. We handpick the warmest, most knowledgeable staff and guides we can find.

We diligently promote sustainable fishing practices like catch and release. But it's all for a different kind of purpose. See, when it comes down to it, when you're on the water with the sunlight dancing all around you and maybe, just maybe, you feel a tug on your line, all the gear and advice is meaningless, because what you're after is much more than a fish, it's a feeling. And we were born to help you catch it.


The Charleston Angler is pleased to offer fly fishing and light tackle charters. From the experienced fly caster to the youth angler, we offer a wide range of angling opportunities to suit our customers' needs. Customers will fish with experienced, United States Coast Guard licensed captains aboard flats boats and bay boats equipped with rods, reels, bait, tackle, and all required safety equipment. Depending on the season, our guides target redfish, seatrout, flounder, Spanish mackerel, tarpon, sharks, spadefish, jacks, and more! We are very lucky to have a great year-round fishery here in the Charleston area, and a memorable "trip of a lifetime" is a possibility any day of the year.

For fly fishing or for smaller groups of up to three anglers, we recommend booking a trip one of our 16 to 19 foot "flats boats." These shallow-draft skiffs are typically equipped with poling platforms and are perfect for sight fishing for redfish on shallow water flats or fishing the creeks, rivers, waterways, and bays of the Lowcountry. For larger groups or families, we recommend chartering one of our 19 to 23 foot "bay boats." These boats are wide, roomy, and stable and are well-suited for inshore and nearshore fishing for a variety of species.

We can arrange pick-up locations at a number of different docks, marinas, and boat ramps, and our guides can fish virtually anywhere in the Charleston area from Kiawah to the south to Bulls Bay to the north. We can also accommodate large groups and corporate trips using multiple boats.


FLATS BOATS Prices are for up to 2 anglers.
$400 per 1/2 Day (4 Hours)
$500 per 3/4 Day (6 Hours)
$600 per full day (8 Hours)

BAY BOATS Prices are for up to 4 anglers.
$500 per 1/2 Day (4 Hours)
$600 per 3/4 Day (6 Hours)
$700 per full day (8 Hours)

Please Bring

  • Sunscreen
  • Sunglasses
  • Camera
  • Hat
  • Lunch

Book a Trip Through Our Stores

West Ashley 843-571-3899
Mt. Pleasant 843-884-2095

Cancellation Policy

  • Cancellation 8 days prior to charter there is no penalty
  • Cancellation 3-7 days prior to charter 50% of full rate charged.
  • Cancellation 48 hours or less prior to charter or no show 100% of full rate charged.

Credit card must be given at time of reservation and paid in full to hold the date.

Local Advice

  • Expert

    When it comes to Charleston, it’s all about the redfish. If you know what to look for you can fight reds any day of the year!

    Shane Clevenger Charleston Angler Graphic Designer

  • Expert

    You can do everything from fight an 80 pound amberjack to watch schools of redfish teeming just a few miles from shore. There's always something to explore.

    Jonathan Harpe Charleston Angler Manager

  • Expert

    You don’t have to fish with bait to be a successful fisherman. If you don’t want to wait and let the bait soak, then artificials are for you.

    Capt. JJ Owczarek Charleston Angler Manager

  • Expert

    My best memories revolve around fishing, and I’ve been enjoying it for more than 50 years. That’s why I love sharing information, discovering new techniques, and new gear.

    Capt. David Peralta Charleston Angler Product Specialist

From The Locals

Apparel & Gear

All Products

7th Annual "By The Numbers Spot Tail Tournament


5 week tournament.

Most spots wins.

Capts. meeting will be Oct. 28th at 6:30pm at our Mt. Pleasant Shop.

Click Here for complete details

Register: 843.884.2095 or contact@thecharlestonangler.com